Happy Tuesday everyone! Here’s a quick roundup of marvelous microbial pieces we’ve been reading lately:
- Have you ever wondered what the mechanism behind the success of the Paleo diet might be? Especially compared to a high-carbohydrate diet? Check out this article in the journal Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity.
- Every time you breathe in, you inhale thousands of microbes. But which ones? Wired presents a new atlas of airborne bacteria and fungi. Cool.
- Researchers in the UK investigate the link between the gut microbiome and how people experience stress.
- Why do mosquitoes bite some people and not others? A twin study reveals some answers.
- Gut Known: A new blog dedicated to daily exploration of the microbiome. Stay tuned for a very cool experiment to come.
Hope that tickles your tastebuds. What’s the best thing you’ve read recently? I’d love to know!